Wednesday, October 15, 2008


try this Magnetic Board project.

Get your hands on a painters canvas. I got 24x16 one at Big Lots for $7 awhile ago but you know Big Lots. They never have the same thing twice so they're gone now. But Michaels always has them and so does Walmart I hear.


Paint the canvas. I used acrylic and watercolors and finger-painted my design. If I had spray paint in the right color, I probably would have used that.
Let the paint dry.


Turn the canvas over and pull out the staples on one end with a flat-head screwdriver.


Take out as many staples as you need to slide in the piece of sheet metal you have purchased from Lowes or Home Depot and cut to size. (Wear gloves, the edges are sharp!)



Staple the canvas back in place. If you don't have a staple gun, you can hot glue it I'm sure.


Hang it up and you're done.
(Strong magnets work better than the cheap-o kind.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where'd you get this idea? is it really strong magnetic? I've been looking for a magnetic white board for cheap forever...they are very expensive..for my personally designed magnetic chore chart. I've been designing it for about 5 years now, and maybe I'll actually do it now. :) Then I can put it on the blog.
Amy