Friday, March 6, 2009

Grilled Pizza


My very good friend introduced me to this fun and delicious idea.

Here's how you make pizza on the grill.

Start by rolling out your pizza dough. I have wanted to do this
using a homemade crust but just never have yet.
So far I only use these. The dough is good, easy to manipulate
and doesn't stick to your hands or the grill grate.


Just thaw those babies out by laying them out in a pan
in a single layer just like the package directions say to.
Only you can just jam them all together side by side because
you're just going to smoosh it all into a ball anyway.

When they have thawed and risen, smoosh it all together
then just pull off about a fist-size piece and roll it out.
It doesn't have to be a perfect circle.

Brush both sides with olive oil (I couldn't find my pastry brush
so I raided a craft drawer for a brush ☺).


The grill shouldn't be very high. My husband says he puts it on medium
but I'm sure grills probably vary. It should be low enough that you
don't see a flame. If it's too hot, it won't cook on the inside.
Grill the dough on one side until it's golden brown with nice little grill marks.


After you have grilled one side, take it off the grill and flip it
onto a tray or plate so the dough side is down and the cooked side is up.


Usually we let everybody put their own toppings on.
This time we took orders. Don't forget the sauce!


After you have loaded up on your favorite toppings, slide it back on the grill to cook the bottom side, to melt the cheese and heat the toppings.




That's Amore! ☺

No comments: