Wednesday, April 1, 2009

For A Princess


One day while walking through Walmart, my daughter spotted a cute little (cheap and flimsy) pink Easter basket. I plopped it in my cart but only to take it over to the craft department for a reference. I had already planned to make Easter baskets for the kids so I already had a basket for her at home. I picked up some tulle, satin ribbon and lace hem tape.
All of it in pink.

Here is the garage sale basket.
It was already pink or I would have spray-painted it.


I lined it with some pink fabric and then added the tulle and hem tape to cover the glue, then wrapped the handle with the ribbon, added some bows and done.



I didn't sew anything, just used hot glue all the way around under the rim of the basket and finished the whole thing before American Idol was over.

Now she has a sturdy basket she is already using to tote things around. It's not too big which is just how the Easter Bunny likes it - room for just enough candy for a 6-year-old.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Adorable! Are you going to post the rest of the baskets?