Nice, but they've been hanging around the kitchen too long.
Time for something new.
Take the frame apart. Separate the double mat. Color the little bit that shows of the 2nd mat with a black Sharpie. Cover the top mat with leftover wallpaper from the bathroom (could use scrapbook paper). Print out letters. Put it all back together and ta-da! Better, I think.
This only took about 30 minutes because I had everything I needed when I got the notion to switch it out. So instead of putting it on the bottom of the Projects To Do List, I had 30 minutes to spare so I just did it. The longest part was deciding on which font went best with the new mat.