Monday, March 23, 2009

Too Much Chocolate Cake

The Last Piece


I saw that another crafty blog posted an almost identical recipe a few days ago, but I'm going to post mine anyway because I've been wanting to make it for a few weeks now and yesterday was the planned day! It was everything I hoped it would be and has now replaced my old standby doctored chocolate cake mix. I mean seriously, why would you make it entirely from scratch if it tastes this good?

Too Much Chocolate Cake
1 devils food cake mix
1 (5.9 oz) chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour before inverting onto a plate.
Serve with your favorite chocolate glaze or mine ☺.

Frosting/Glaze
8 oz tub Cool Whip
6 squares of semi-sweet baking chocolate

Melt both ingredients in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and melt for additional 30 seconds or until smooth and shiny.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Janet - I made the chocolate casserole yesterday and my family devoured it -- it was yummy!