The plan was to replace the louvered door that leads into the walk-in closet. But then I had an idea....
It was extremely easy.
You don't even have to own any power tools.
But it's more fun if you do.
First, I got rid of the slats, using my jigsaw to cut right up the middle,
then the slats just popped right out.
This left little grooves in the door.
So I covered them with 3/4 inch trim, which fit perfectly, attaching it with Liquid Nails. Another option would be to fill in the grooves with wood filler and then sand it smooth.
I had to sand my door almost to the bare wood because it had two layers of glossy paint on it which was making the top layer peel. Normally you should only have to lightly sand it to rough it up a little before you paint.
I primed, then painted the door.
Using a clearance duvet cover from Target, I made "curtains" for the top and bottom sections. I found small tension rods at Target to hang them. You could staple the fabric in, but I wanted the option to wash them or even switch them out easily if I get tired of the fabric.
It turned out exactly how I pictured it, which is always a good thing. I'm thinking about using this idea on the louvered bifold closet doors in my girls' bedroom.
Meanwhile, I can't wait for the entire bathroom project to be done!!!